CALM Dog Training Academy is part of CALM Dog Training & Pet Services, which is owned and run by Helen Bull (BA Hons), APDT 1103, ABTC and Sami Bull.
By placing a booking you are deemed to have read, understood and accepted our terms and conditions. Completion of the booking process and acceptance of our terms and conditions forms your contract with CALM Dog Training Academy.
Terms and Conditions for all Classes, Private Training & Consultations
- Please keep dogs on leads at all times unless otherwise directed by your trainer.
- You are responsible for the behaviour and actions of your dog while attending training.
- Watch your dogs and clean up after them. Pick up after your dogs and do not allow them to pee in the training area or on any equipment – accidents do happen, let your trainer know so that the area can be disinfected correctly. Please take your rubbish and the dog mess off site and dispose of responsibly. Use appropriate eco friendly products, whenever possible.
- Not every dog is ready for introductions, please respect their personal space and keep an appropriate distance until your trainer advises you.
- You must follow instructions at all times, including all safety instructions. Don't use equipment until instructed to do so or when your trainer is not present.
- CALM Dog Training Academy uses equipment for dog use only and takes no responsibility for loss or damages that may occur when equipment is in use.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your dog is fit and healthy to attend training. Your dog must be fully vaccinated, not suffering from any infectious disease that could be transmitted to any other dogs and must not have come into contact with a dog that is suffering from anything contagious, within the 14 days leading up to your class. If in doubt about your dog’s health please consult a veterinarian.
- No bitches in season can attend group training sessions or for one week after all signs of the season have ceased.
- CALM Dog Training Academy only use reward based training, therefore harsh handling and/or the use of any or all aversive/corrective training aids/equipment, such as choke chains, slip leads, prong collars, anti-bark collars, shock collars etc, will NOT be allowed under any circumstances. Your trainer reserves the right to refuse to train any persons or end the session and may request anyone to leave the premises, for any reason and if they are abusive to any other person or dog. CALM Dog Training Academy can advise you on suitable equipment for your dog.
- It is your responsibility to bring adequate and high value treats for your dog, as well as non-squeaky toys and suitable chews, to sessions.
- Any accidents or issues involving a person or dog must be reported immediately to the trainer in the first instance, unless the emergency services are required, in which case, personal responsibility will ensue.
- Cars are parked at their owner’s risk. We do not accept any responsibility for theft or damage to cars or property whilst at training.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible adult. We recommend you bring interesting, but quiet pursuits for them, if they are not going to be involved in the training session. Please do not allow the young person to run around, as some dogs might be frightened.
Bookings, Payments & Cancellations
- Payment of fees should be made at the time of placing a booking. Failure to make payment within 48 hours will result in the booking being cancelled. You may rebook at any time, but the Full Terms and Conditions still apply.
- Under the Consumer Rights Act you may cancel your purchase within a period of 14 working days, beginning when you place your order. However, if the training sessions date is within the 14 working days from the date of your booking, then there is no right of cancellation and you will lose any payment made.
- There will be no right to cancel or receive a refund for any service following the 14 days after making the order.
- Once you have selected your dates they are fixed.
- We offer a Professional training service and to maintain it, we have to ensure we have enough completed bookings to pay for the venues.
- Cancellations must be made by email. Cancellations will be subject to the following fees:
- If the participant fails to attend the course the full course fees are payable.
- No refunds are given for missed sessions, for any reason.
- Full refunds will be given, on request, for any sessions cancelled by CALM Dog Training Academy, which cannot be rebooked by mutual agreement. The refund will be repaid in the same manner as it was paid, within 14 days of cancellation.
- A substitute delegate may be named at any time before the class or workshop at no additional cost.
- If your bitch comes into season, she cannot come to group sessions, however, you can attend to spectate, so you don't miss out on any training information. There are no refunds for missed sessions, because your bitch is in season.
- Requests to transfer to an alternative class must be made in writing by email, to Helen Bull, to email@example.com.
Transfers are subject to availability and is at the discretion of the trainer and/or CALM Dog Training Academy. Transfers may be made up to 14 days before the start date and may incur an additional fee.
Course Content & Material
- CALM Dog Training Academy reserves the right to change the content, timing, dates, venue or instructor of any or all classes, seminars, workshops and other events organised by us. Cancellations are sometimes necessary and unavoidable, for many reasons such as traffic delays, weather and illness within our lives. We will endeavour to let you know by text and/or email as soon as we can before the start of your class. We will reschedule whenever possible. CALM Dog Training Academy will not be liable for any losses or expenses arising from amendments to the classes, courses or other cancellations.
- The information on your booking form will only be used as a record of you and your dog and to contact you in relation to dog training activities and events that may interest you and will not be passed on to any third parties.
- By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, you give CALM Dog Training Academy permission to publish in print, electronic, or video format the likeness or image of you and/or your dog. You release all claims against CALM Dog Training Academy with respect to privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright ownership and publication, including any claim for compensation related to use of the materials.
Issued with GDPR inclusions on 25th May 2018